Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Christian Siriano's Line for Payless



I have a love/hate relationship with Payless. Well, no, mostly I actually just hate it. It's like, you go in there and are so seduced by the excessively cheap prices, that you actually forget about the terrible construction and poor quality fabrics. Not to mention, when you DO manage to score a great find, when someone asks you, "OMG, WHERE'D YOU GET THOSE SHOES?" (which, by the way, is a question I hate, because it's like, what? Are you going to run there right now and get them too? Anyway, I digress...) it becomes a whole uncomfortable situation where you don't know whether to lie or accept the inevitable judgement that will be cast upon you for stepping foot in Payless. Usually, I just lie--but, that is because I have no sense of morality. Still, you never know if that person happens to be a fellow undercover Payless shopper, in which case, she now knows you're lying. And I must admit, the only thing worse than wearing Payless shoes, is lying about wearing Payless shoes. Again, I digress...
So, Christian Siriano's new collection is cool, but not very original. It closely resembles Rodarte's Fall 2008 collection, and the boots look like the YSL ankle boots. However, with the prices ranging from $25-$45, the shoes are hard to resist. Personally, I definitely plan on purchasing the top right, because, damn, they are fierce. Hmm, and possibly the bottom right, as well--since I don't have the funds needed to buy myself the YSL's. 

0 comments: